VJ Associates is a leading Northeast Construction Consulting firm that offers cost estimating, cost control, scheduling, construction management, and value engineering to major architectural, engineering, government agency and construction clients. Our staff of engineers, estimators, and schedulers have multi-disciplinary backgrounds and diverse experience. Some notable projects include JFK Plaza/Love Park, Newark Riverfront Park, MTA’s 2nd Avenue Subway Line, and Columbia University’s Manhattanville campus. We have offices in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Washington, D.C.
We are looking for a collaborative, confident, and driven Senior Estimator for our Philadelphia, PA office. The ideal candidate will be responsible for management and preparation of cost estimates - detailed quantity takeoff and assigning unit pricing - from Concept to Bid design phases. The candidate will also attend meetings with the Director of Business Development to generate new work. He or she will be responsible for project profitability, and interface regularity with the client and design team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare cost estimates - detailed quantity takeoff and assigning unit pricing - from Concept to Bid design phases
- Manage project profitability
- Interface with the potential and existing clients
Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and employees, work with minimal supervision, and possess strong leadership and communication skills (both verbal and written). The candidate should have experience in and understand Philadelphia’s consultant design process for public and private construction projects in sectors such as K-12, Higher Education, Healthcare, Transportation, Municipal, etc.
- At least ten years of cost estimating experience in the Philadelphia region.
- MS Excel and Planswift or On Screen Take-Off proficiency.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated project management skills, analytical and decision-making abilities.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related field.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com